During the course of your tenancy there may be circumstances where you require repairs and maintenance within the home. Maintenance can be defined as either general maintenance or urgent repairs. The following information is intended to be a helpful guide with maintenance matters.
Lost Keys /FOBS /Remotes
If you find yourself in the unfortunate predicament of losing keys, FOBS / remotes to your property during normal office hours (Mon – Fri between 8.30 am and 5.00 pm or Sat 9.00 am – 12 noon) we can assist by temporarily providing you with a spare set. If this situation occurs after-hours please contact a locksmith to arrange access to the premises. The call-out fee for the locksmith and replacement keys is a tenant expense. Please do not contact our emergency phone under these circumstances.
Recommended Locksmith: Harry Armstrong 9321 4390 office 0423 335 807 mobile email@example.com
It is very important to contact your Property Manager during normal business hours between 8.30 am – 5.00 pm and report any maintenance or repair issues as they occur or as soon as practicable during your tenancy. We recommend reporting general maintenance by email to your Property Manager and include a photo where possible. Please note the Property Owner is not required to fix items if they are items which could not reasonably have expected to be working at the time the agreement was entered into.
Examples of General maintenance include:
- Air conditioning problems
- Garage roller door issues (unless they cannot be manually operated)
- Loose door handles and other hardware items
- Leaking taps
- Faulty light fittings
- Pilot light on hot water system
- Faulty appliances such as washing machines in furnished properties
General maintenance should be emailed to your Property Manager and will be attended to during normal business hours.
Urgent Repairs fall into two categories: essential services and other urgent repairs. Your Property Manager is required to arrange (not complete) repairs to essential services within 24 hours and urgent repairs within 48 hours. The repair does not have to be fixed within this time, but arrangements must be made to have the repair work rectified.
Essential services include:
- a burst water service (turn water off at the mains and contact Water Corp 13 13 51)
- gas leaks
- broken hot water system
- sewerage leaks or
- dangerous electrical faults
- broken fridge or freezer in furnished properties (48 hour repair time-frame)
Urgent Repairs include:
- Exposing a person to the risk of injury
- Exposing property to damage, or
- Causing the tenant undue hardship
Action to be taken for essential and urgent maintenance:
During business hours (8.30 – 5.00 pm Monday – Friday) contact our office on 9429 7700 and speak directly with your Property Manager or a member of our team.
After business hours and on weekends please phone our emergency phone 0417 953 321 and leave a clear message and your call will be returned within a reasonable time frame.
If you have made reasonable attempts to contact us and we have not taken action, you can, according to the Residential Tenancies Act, have the MINIMUM repairs carried out by a qualified tradesperson (click here to view contractors) under the following circumstances:
- If you are not able to contact us within 24 hours for essential repairs; and
- 48 hours for urgent repairs
Emergency Repairs in the case of an emergency the following references may be useful:
- Fire or life threatening emergencies dial 000
- SES emergency assistance 132 500
- DFES emergency information 13 3337
- Utility contacts:
- Western Power outages and emergencies 13 13 51
- Synergy 13 13 53
- Water Corporation 13 13 75
- Alinta Energy 13 13 58